Many people have something on their skin that they do not like. Whether you have a large birthmark, significant scarring, or another common problem, there is a solution that can help smooth your skin and help you achieve the surface you desire. One of the most common treatments used to tackle these problem areas is laser skin resurfacing.
What Is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Laser skin resurfacing is a procedure that is used to reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles. This procedure involves the use of safe laser energy that targets specific problem areas on the skin. The laser vaporizes the skin’s outer layers and promotes new collagen fibers to grow. This treatment works exceptionally well for helping individuals even out skin pigmentation and create a consistent skin color in problem areas. It can also help to remove lesions and tighten the skin, creating a more youthful appearance.
Who Is a Good Candidate for This Treatment?
Individuals who have various skin problems that they want to address can benefit from this procedure. In general, good candidates for laser skin resurfacing include those who have:
- Sun-damaged skin
- Skin scars
- Scars from chickenpox or acne
- Enlarged oil glands on the nose
- Wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth, forehead, and under the eyes
- Age spots or liver spots
This procedure can help create a more even and consistent skin tone in areas that you may view as unattractive or problematic.
Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments
There are typically three different types of laser skin resurfacing that can be performed. These include:
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing: This method delivers several narrow columns of laser light to the treated area.
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing: This method uses CO2 lasers to emit very short pulses of light energy or a continuous light beam to the treated area.
- Erbium Laser Resurfacing: This method is designed to help remove moderate and superficial deep lines and wrinkles from the skin surface.
Your doctor will help you determine which method will work best to meet your needs.
See If Laser Skin Resurfacing Is Right for You
If you have a problem area that you believe can be corrected with laser skin resurfacing, reach out to Drs. Nael and Shazel Gharbi at Old Town Med Spa by calling (312) 818-1471 to schedule an appointment. They have extensive experience helping individuals across Chicago and the Lincoln Park area achieve favorable results with their treatment. Contact the team today to get started.